What Should I do if Injured in an Accident?

January 30, 2020

What Should I Do if Injured in an Accident?Monmouth County Injury Attorney

Partner in the law firm of Chamlin, Uliano, & Walsh since 2016, James J. Uliano practices in the Litigation Department handling Criminal Law matters in Municipal Court as well as Superior Court. In this video, Mr. Uliano the steps you should follow if you resulted injured in an accident.

The importance of Documentation and Reports

If you are in an accident the most important thing you need to do is document the accident. In a motor vehicle accident, that is going to be a police report that shows that the accident occurred on the day in question. If it is a slip and fall, it needs to be reported to whoever controls the property, for example, a store you would need to notify the manager. If it is a property such as an apartment complex, you are going to need to notify the property management as soon as possible if there was a fall on what day and where the location was, so it can be documented in a report. It is very important that you contact an attorney early in the process so that they are able to give you the best legal advice possible and make sure there is no gap in reporting this incident.

Consult an experienced Personal Injury Attorney

You should give us a call to schedule a consultation immediately. Reach us at 732-440-3950, toll-free at 888-328-9131 or check our online form for additional information.