Ronald B. Rosen
268 Norwood Avenue
P.O. Box 38
West Long Branch, NJ 07764
A former partner in the law firm of Chamlin, Rosen, Uliano & Witherington for over 34 years, Mr. Rosen formerly led the firm’s Matrimonial Department and remains an integral asset due to his extensive knowledge and experience with Divorce and Matrimonial Law. As such, his cases involve critical, yet sensitive issues of alimony, child support, custody, visitation and distribution of marital assets.
Designated by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as both a Certified Civil Trial Attorney and a Matrimonial Specialist, Mr. Rosen was also certified by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers as a Mediator and Arbitrator, after completing extensive training.
Mr. Rosen has served two terms as President of the New Jersey Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML). He has previously served as an Executive Board Member of the AAML and is former Chairman of the Monmouth Bar Family Law Committee. Mr. Rosen has also served on the Executive Committee of the New Jersey State Bar Family Law Section.
Mr. Rosen was selected to New Jersey Super Lawyers 2006 through 2010 by Super Lawyers(R). In addition, Mr. Rosen has been named one of the “Top Attorneys” in New Jersey for 2007 and 2008.
For additional information about Mr. Rosen, please read Ron Rosen’s Universe: After handling stressful marital dispute cases all day, he comes home to his trains, published in New Jersey Super Lawyers 2009 — April 2009.
Mr. Rosen has been invited to speak on divorce related matters for Continuing Legal Education, the American Trial Lawyers Association and the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. As a service to the community, Mr. Rosen also lectures for the Monmouth County Adult Education Program, providing advice and counseling to individuals contemplating divorce.
Mr. Rosen earned his Juris Doctorate degree from Rutgers School of Law in 1967 and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Rutgers University in 1964.
Mr. Rosen collects Lionel trains, antique toys, travels extensively and enjoys spending time with his grandsons.
Areas of Practice
- Divorce and Matrimonial Law
- Child Support
- Distribution of Marital Assets
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Civil Trial Attorney, Supreme Court of NJ, 1993
- Family Law Specialist, Supreme Court of New Jersey, 1993
- Certified Mediator, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 1997
- Certified Arbitrator, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 1993
- New Jersey, 1967
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1967
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court New Jersey, 1967
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1979
Rutgers School of Law – Camden Camden, New Jersey
- J.D. – 1967
- Recipient of the Chicago Title Company Highest Grade in Employer/Employee Relations
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey New Brunswick, NJ
- B.A. – 1964
- Toker v. Perl, 247 A.2d 701 (N.J.Super.L. 1968)
- C.A.M. v. R.A.W., 568 A.2d 556 (N.J.Super.A.D. 1990)
- Lecturer, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Lecturer, American Trial Lawyers’ Association
- Lecturer, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Lecturer, Monmouth Adult Education Commission
Honors and Awards
- Monmouth Bar Association, Dedicated Service Award, 2005
- Monmouth Bar Association, ESP Appreciation Award, 1995
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2006 – 2010
- Top Attorneys in New Jersey, 2007 – 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, New Jersey Chapters, President, 1999 – 2001
- International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Executive Committee
- Monmouth Bar Association, Family Law Committee, Chairman
- Monmouth Bar Association, Blue Ribbon Panelist
- Monmouth Bar Association, Early Settlement Panelist, 1989 – Present
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- New Jersey Association of Matrimonial Arbitrators, 1993 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office, Legal Clerk
- Phi Alpha Delta